DIY Products come with Low Quality Spray GunsRollers identify low quality product from the start- they equate to a 1 part (1 part vs 2 parts or plural component) there is no texture control so those products have little beads or “pebbles” to create some slip-proofing… Faulty coatings yield low end results. The main indicator is that the “orange peel” or texture wears out quickly. This is why:
- They’re made of a different solid material than the coating which dries “around” each grain but with no actual “bond” to the grains,
- These grains are made of either crumb rubber (old tires) or ground acrylic paint which bears no stress, they fall out,
- They’re not made of polyurea or polyhybrid which have very high tensile strengths over 2,000 psi
- The shutz , pronounced “shoots gun” is the cheapest undercoating gun on earth. Many don’t come with containers to hold the coating!
Shutz guns were made for 1-part under coating which is a cheap tar-like formula to spray under vehicle frames & bodies & not to apply a bedliner which is inherently less viscous (thinner) than tar… since undercoating guns were never designed for true spray on bedliner, and mostly because true spray-lining formulas require good equipment to apply, every DIY spray on bedliner sold except SLC equate to imitations and poor spray guns.
Al’s Liner Professional Gun– Al’s Liner comes with no gun, BUT you can buy theirs for fifty-five dollars. The real problem with that is that it’s a cheap gun available at harbor freight for $14. Als liner DIY bedliner kit comes with 1 gallon + 4 ounces primer + 4 ounces color = 134 ounces = barely over a gallon of spray bedliner. This is NOT enough to line a truck bed properly. PERIOD. Al’s Liner States “A professional grade bed liner spray gun that delivers a perfect finish to your and can be used over and over again. It’s an all-purpose air texture. SLC uses Graco, Binks, DeVilBiss equipment. You might verify at the AlsLiner site or inspect truths at http://www.spray-lining.com/diy/compare-diy-bedliners.php .
Professional Spray Guns for Professional Results with DIY Bedliner
Our SLC Spray Guns are Top Notch –
- Multiple external tips for texture control
- Internal settings for profile
- A directional, wide throat hopper with state-of-the-art, purging gun body